The weather is getting warmer and lots of daylight! Great time to get rid of things/junk that you no longer want!
Landfill Dumping Guidelines: Citizens must show a CURRENT PCUA (electric) Utility Bill with trash service. The address on the PCUA (electric) bill and their driver’s license must match! In an effort to discourage unauthorized commercial dumping, vehicles larger than a pickup or trailer will be charged standard landfill fees. Limit of 6 loads.
The crews will pick-up any extra items placed in your regular pick-up area with the exception of the following:
• Poisons, acids, and caustics
• Car batteries
• Body wastes
• Large bulky objects such as automobile frames, tires, and any items or materials (that could contain Freon, PCB, etc.) or could cause damage to collection equipment or personal injury to collectors.
• Dirt, rocks, concrete, and other debris resulting from construction or demolition.
• Dead animals, animal excreta, etc. that has not been wrapped and tightly sealed in moisture-proof wrapping prior to placement for collection.
• Logs greater than 8 inches in diameter and longer than 4 feet or weighing more than 75 pounds.
• Brush that is not bundled, longer than 4 feet in length and weighing more than 75 pounds.
• Containers larger than 35 gallons that contain non-containerized refuse.
It only happens once a year and the dates are set April 14th-21st!