The Oklahoma State Department of Health is reporting 456 new positive COVID-19 cases for Sunday, July 12. There have been 20,235 cases since testing started, and 4,750 cases are active.
There are no new cases for Kay County where the overall total remains at 124, and 21 of those cases are active. The latest information shows Ponca City has 16 active cases, and Blackwell, Newkirk and Tonkawa each have two active cases. To see a complete list of Oklahoma communities and their COVID-19 cases, click here.
For new cases in surrounding counties, Logan County saw a spike with eight new cases, two new cases for both Pawnee and Payne counties and one for Osage County.
New data shows one new virus-related death in Oklahoma. The individual was from Comanche County and is the first virus-related death in the 5-17 age group for Oklahoma. The state’s death toll is at 422.
OSDH is reporting 349 new recoveries for Sunday, putting the state’s recovery total at 15,485.
DATA FOR LOCAL COUNTIES
- Payne County – 480 cases/1 death/401 recoveries
- Washington County – 448 cases/39 deaths/381 recoveries
- Osage County – 215 cases/8 deaths/176 recoveries
- Kay County – 124 cases/8 deaths/95 recoveries
- Garfield County – 104 cases/2 death/79 recoveries
- Logan County – 98 cases/1 death/58 recoveries
- Pawnee County – 70 cases/3 deaths/58 recoveries
- Noble County – 52 cases/1 death/38 recoveries
- Grant County – 2 cases/no deaths/2 recoveries