The City of Ponca City recognizes that most renters could afford to make monthly house payments, but
the largest obstacle is saving money for a down payment and closing costs. The Homebuyer Assistance
Program is designed to decrease the barriers preventing low to moderate income individuals and
families from owning homes. The Homebuyer Assistance Program will provide applicants with assistance
for down payment and closing costs up to $3,500.00 on a first-come, first-served basis, as long as
funding is available.
To be eligible to receive funding, the applicant must meet the following conditions:
- The total household income of all residents that will reside in the home must be less than 80% of the median income for Kay County, Oklahoma, as determined by the U. S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, adjusted by household size.
- The home must be purchased for owner-occupancy, not for investment or rental property.
- The applicant must have entered into a real estate contract to purchase a single family home.
- The applicant must have qualified for a first mortgage loan from a mortgage lender to purchase the home under contract.
- First-time homebuyers must complete a Homebuyer Education Class.
- The applicant must contribute a minimum of 1% toward the purchase of the home. Gift funds
may be considered toward this minimum contribution.
- The home must be located within the City limits of Ponca City.
- The home must not be located within a flood zone area.
- Assistance provided is in the form of a five (5) year forgivable loan. If the buyer occupies the purchased property as their principal residence for five (5) years, the loan is forgiven. If the buyer moves, sells, or rents out the home, the City of Ponca City may recapture the prorated balance of the assistance.
- The applicant must be a U.S. Citizen or a permanent resident alien.
- The applicant must live in the home receiving assistance within 60 days after closing.
Online application can be found at http://www.poncacityok.gov/DocumentCenter/View/8576/HBAApplication-Jan-2018?bidId=
For more information on the City of Ponca City go to www.poncacityok.gov.
The purpose of this program is to provide Special Services/Interim Assistance to low to moderate income homeowners in Ponca City where immediate action is necessary in order to arrest the physical deterioration of residential properties until something permanent can be undertaken. Additionally, Special Services/Interim Assistance will be available to low to moderate income residents to eliminate conditions which threaten their health and safety on a first-come, first-served basis, as long as funding is available.
Special Services/Interim Assistance will be available for: The replacement of sewer lines, gas lines, water lines, electrical repairs, water heater replacement/repair, furnace replacement/repair, wheelchair ramp installation, and any other emergency type situation to arrest the physical deterioration of residential properties (excluding roof repairs).
Each applicant for special services/interim assistance will submit an application for financial assistance and must meet the income guidelines as set forth by the Oklahoma Department of Commerce for Kay County, Oklahoma.
Online applications can be found at http://www.poncacityok.gov/DocumentCenter/View/2343/SPECIALServices-Application?bidId=
Homebuyer Assistance and Special Services / Interim Assistance Program questions may be directed to Kacey Flanery at 580-763-4577 or [email protected].
Contact: Rhonda Skrapke, Grants Coordinator, 763-8094