The City of Blackwell and Blackwell Tourism Development Board are partnering up to offer the City of Blackwell residents an opportunity to apply for funds to be used to “Gussy Up” the city for the holidays! Here’s how it works:
- The goal is to enhance the community during the holiday season by giving “Teams” of individuals/businesses and organizations the ability to purchase décor and supplies needed to decorate the City of Blackwell’s Main Street, Dewey or Memorial Park of choice for the holiday season.
- A total of 10 teams consisting of 3-4 people will receive up to $250.00 (Examples: Youth groups, clubs, organizations, athletic teams, non-profits, groups of friends, etc. ) First come first serve for teams. Only ten teams will be allowed to participate.
- Items purchased are to be reused annually if possible.
- Teams are responsible for set up, maintenance, break down and the storage of their supplies.
- Set up must be completed by December 25th and break down must be completed by January 11th. “Before and after” pictures are encouraged, and please upload and share them to Facebook!
- Receipts must be provided and can be dropped off at the Blackwell Area Chamber of Commerce Office with the Blackwell Tourism Development Director. The Blackwell Tourism Development Board will reimburse each team for approved costs, up to $250.
- If windows are painted, permission must be given by the property owner. Also, the windows must be cleaned and restored back to the prior state before painted.
You can apply now!!
Applications can be found at the Blackwell Chamber of Commerce, Public Library or download at www.cityofblackwell.com
For more information please contact the Blackwell Tourism Development Board at the Blackwell Chamber of Commerce office (580.363.4195) OR the City of Blackwell Community Development Director Destiny Rosato at [email protected].