BLACKWELL – Kay Electric Cooperative’s K-UP Board met on Tuesday, July 23 to review the submitted grant applications. Out of the eight applications received, the Board awarded grants to the following organizations:
- Garber High School Student Council – $507.75 will be used for school supplies and items
for the clothes closet.
- Blackwell Wrestling Club, Inc. – $2,500 will be used to purchase new wrestling mats.
- The University of Oklahoma Foundation, Inc. – $817.68 to be used to provide senior
- Blackwell Wheatheart Nutrition Project – $2,500 will be used to purchase a new
- Dearing House Child Advocacy Center – $521 will be used to provided classes for
parents of traumatized children.
K-UP Foundation is supported by Kay Electric members who voluntarily round up their electric bills to the next dollar, donating the few cents difference to the foundation. Utility bill roundup programs help support rural fire departments and charities who are often operating on a limited budget.
To download a K-UP grant application, go to www.kayelectric.coop/content/foundation. You can also call Cyndi Mitchell at the Kay Electric office 580-363-1260 for more information. The deadline for the next grant application is Monday, October 7, 2019.
Pictured from left to right: Lesley Miller, Kathleen Willis and Lisa Freeman