The Oklahoma State Department of Health is reporting 526 new positive COVID-19 cases for Friday, July 3. Oklahoma has now seen 15,065 cases since testing started, and 3,546 cases are active.
For new cases in local counties, Payne County has nine and two each for Kay, Logan and Osage counties.
While Noble County saw no new cases, the county has now seen its first virus-related death. It’s one of the three new deaths documented Friday. While the age group is unknown at this time, the Noble County individual was from Red Rock. Oklahoma’s virus-related death toll is now at 398.
For active cases in local communities, most saw a drop from Friday. Stillwater has 98 active cases, Ponca City with 19, Bartlesville has 5, 12 for Enid, Guthrie with nine, six in Cleveland, Perry with four, Red Rock with three, two each for Fairfax, Hominy and Orlando. Mulhaull, Newkirk, Pawhuska, Pawnee and Morrison each have one case. There are no active cases in Blackwell and Tonkawa. You can see an entire list of cities when you click here.
OSDH is reporting 471 new recoveries for Friday, putting Oklahoma’s recovery total at 11,519. According to the health department, 35.17% of the positive COVID-19 cases are in the 18-35 age group, 22.46% in the 36-49 age group, 18.03% in the 50-64 age group, 16.29% in the 65+ age group, 6.19% in the 5-17 age group, 1.85% for the 0-4 age group and 0.01% in the unknown age group.
DATA FOR LOCAL COUNTIES
- Payne County – 407 cases/1 death/294 recoveries
- Washington County – 401 cases/39 deaths/354 recoveries
- Osage County – 176 cases/8 deaths/147 recoveries
- Kay County – 106 cases/7 deaths/81 recoveries
- Garfield County – 74 cases/2 death/60 recoveries
- Pawnee County – 57 cases/2 deaths/48 recoveries
- Logan County – 54 cases/1 death/33 recoveries
- Noble County – 40 cases/no deaths/31 recoveries
- Grant County – 2 cases/no deaths/2 recoveries