THERE ARE 24 CONFIRMED COVID-19 CASE REPORTED AT THIS TIME WITHIN THE KAY COUNTY AREA. 1 in Sumner County, Ks., 16 in Osage County, 15 in Payne County, 15 in Pawnee County, 4 in Noble County, 4 in Logan County and 2 in Garfield County. No COVID-19 cases in Grant County.
23 Oklahomans have died from COVID-19.
CLOSINGS/CANCELATIONS AND SCHOOL INFORMATION
- NOC, NWOSU and Cowley Colleges are going online classes for the remainder of the spring semester.
- The Ponca City Aviation Foundation’s monthly fly-in breakfast scheduled for April 4, 2020 has been cancelled.
- The Ponca City Municipal Court and Courtroom will be closed through Friday, April 17. Therefore anyone with a court case, scheduled between March 16 and April 17, should contact the Municipal Court Clerk’s office at 580-767-0382 to obtain their new scheduled court date. In addition, the Ponca City RecPlex will not be scheduling birthday parties at this time.
- All Oklahoma school buildings are closed for the remainder of the year.
- The NJCAA has canceled athletics for the remainder of the 2019-20 academic year. The NJCAA decision affects baseball and softball at NOC Enid and NOC Tonkawa and also the NOC Tonkawa Mavericks who were set to participate in the NJCAA Men’s National Basketball Tournament. According to a statement from NJCAA, following the recent recommendations from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the NJCAA has made the difficult decision to cancel all upcoming basketball championships as well as spring competition, effective immediately.
- Due to COVID-19 or the Coronavirus, the Kay County Courthouse has been closed to the public until further notice. The Kay County Courthouse Officers and employees will still be working during this period. Offices within the courthouse are still accessible by telephone only. Please see the Kay County website for directions on doing business with the offices during the closing.
- The Ponca City Child Development Center will be closed until at least April 6.
- Pioneer Technology Center closed until April 6.
- SouthWind Casino Braman, Newkirk and Kanza temporary closed until at least April 15. Kanza Travel Plaza remains open.
- Tonkawa Hotel & Casino, Native Lights Casino, and Tonkawa Gasino have extended their temporary closure until further notice.
- All campsites at Kaw Lake will be closed until further notice. At this time the boat ramps, hiking trail, and ATV trail will remain open.
- 7Clans casinos are temporarily closed
- Shelter in place order now in effect for Stillwater
If you have information you would like for us to share on this page, please email [email protected]
Here is a guideline from the CDC on symptoms and how you can prevent it.