Last night’s round of severe weather left little damage locally, but did cause power outages, localized flooding, and possibly a lightning-strike victim:
- 9 p.m.-The NWS issues a severe thunderstorm watch for the Kay County area.
- 9:34 p.m.-The first of two severe thunderstorm warnings issued. The other would be at 10:32 p.m.
- 9-10 p.m. hour-Social media reports a possible lightning-strike victim at the Arkansas City, KS Walmart.
- 11 p.m.-Kay Electric Coop reports some 400 accounts disrupted, including Garber, Billings and Perry substations.
- Midnight-Kay Electric reports Billings substation restored.
- 2:13 a.m.-Flash flood warning issued for Osage County, among others.
- 4 a.m.-Kay Electric reports Perry and Garber substations restored.
- 8:31 a.m.-Kay Electric reports some outages remaining. Water concentrations hindering efforts.
Weather issues also forced the cancellation of the Po-Hi JV Baseball game at Del City, and suspended the varsity game in the 5th inning, with the ‘Cats trailing 4-2. The rest of that game will be made up as the schedule allows.